Wednesday, July 13, 2011

February and Lots of Snow....



We had more than a few snow days... We had fun on our first day... Me and Kent stayed home to hang with our youngest son Baylie....  Rode the 4wheeler around the neighborhood, sled down the hill, built a snowman.  Made good soup and drank lots of hot tea and hot chocolate... and so enjoyed warming up in front of our Fireplace--it's seriously like my favorite spot in the house Nov-Feb.  That's the one thing I miss when Spring approaches... Baylie has a few snow days that will have to be made up--but it was worth it.. Those days are few here in Arkansas...

Because of all the snow/bad weather--we didn't do anything for V-Day this year...  Last year we had the best time ever.. We made what we call a 'palet' that's what my g-pa always called them when I was a kid.  Basically, a bed on the floor... We had blankets on the floor in front of the Fire Place, Chinese take-out and Kent surprised me with home made Choc covered strawberries.  Soooo good!  We don't do big gifts for V-Day...  I bought him a CD and gave him a pic of us and he got  me my favorite Candy and some new Red/Pink PJ's!  So, since then we had decided to invest in an air mattress for the next 'pallett'--but because we were snowed in with kids this year--we just did pizza and gave each other and the kids their fav V-Candy as a special treat!

Thru out Feb, I was researching for a week-end get away for our 3rd anniversary.....  We decided to not do anything 'Big' since we had purchased something 'Big' --More on that in the next Post.... :)

No comments: